Cycle Policy Information
- Leisure Plan – For bicycles used for leisure and road-based time trials.
- Compete Plan – For bicycles used for racing and competitions.
Fire, Theft, Accidental Loss or Accidental Damage to Bicycle
Cover for fire, theft, accidental loss and damage to the insured bicycle and specified accessories.
New for Old
If your cycle is totally destroyed or stolen within 3 years (monthly policies)/2 years (annual policies) of new, sum insured or new market value if less will be paid.
|100% within 3 years||100% within 2 years|
Cover extends to include any additional expenses incurred in hiring alternative bicycle due to an insured loss, under the fire, theft, accidental loss or accidental damage section.
£150 limit per week
£100 limit per week
If you are more than five miles or more from home and unable to complete your journey due to an insured loss, under the fire, theft, accidental loss or accidental damage section, we can help cover the cost of getting you home.
Cover extends to include use of the cycle, outside of the UK, for a single trip.
|up to 45 days||up to 31 days|
Accidental bodily injury while using the bicycle resulting in one of the following a) death, b) loss of total sight, c) loss of one or more limbs, d) deafness in both ears, e) permanent total disablement. Benefits reduced to 25% for riders under 16.
Legal liability to a third party for the damages and costs arising from your use of the insured bicycle/accessories.
- Area A: All counties other than those in Area B
- Area B: London & Berkshire, Essex, Sussex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Middlesex and Surrey
Please see our Cycle Security Requirements document.
Cycle Lock List
Please see our Cycle Lock List document.
The excess is the amount you pay towards a claim.
- £69 on cycles valued up to £1,000.
- £95 on cycles valued between £1,001 and £3,000
- £110 on cycles valued £3,001 and over. Public Liability excess is £260
1. Lunar monthly policy (more information)